CFA Announces 2016 Safety Achievement Awards
The CFA announced the 2016 Safety Achievement Award recipients at CFA Convention 2016 in Myrtle Beach, SC on Saturday, July 23, 2016.
The Safety Achievement Awards program seeks to recognize the commitment to safety and risk management among the hundreds of professional cast-in-place contractors found in CFA membership. “Safety remains a top priority in our industry,” said Jim Baty, executive director of the CFA. “This program challenges contractors to demonstrate leadership by documenting their job-site and company-wide safety efforts. Recognizing safety achievements plays a vital role as the industry strives to demonstrate and promote the importance of job-site safety,” said Baty.
The CFA Safety Achievement Award program recognizes three defined contractor categories; that of Residential Foundation Contractor, All Concrete Contractor and Turn Key Contractor. In each category, company size is considered with sub-categories for total work hours of under 100k, 100k to 250k and over 250k work hours. Companies are recognized with awards for Best Overall Safety Achievement, Most Improved Safety Achievement, Zero Lost Time Accident.
Awarded in the category for BEST OVERALL SAFETY ACHIEVEMENT FOR 2015 WERE:
- CUSTOM CONCRETE COMPANY, INC. (All Concrete Contractor > 250k work hours)
- Stephens & Smith Construction Co., Inc., (Turn Key Contractor > 250k work hours)
- The Bartley Corp. (All Concrete Contractor 100k to 250k work hours)
- Walrite, LLC. (Residential Foundation Contractor < 100k work hours)
- Solid Concrete Walls, Inc. (Residential Foundation Contractor 100k to 250k work hours)
- Michel Concrete Construction (All Concrete Contractor < 100k work hours)
The recognition for MOST IMPROVED SAFETY WAS AWARDED TO STEPHENS & SMITH CONSTRUCTION CO., INC.
ZERO LOST TIME ACCIDENT AWARDS went to:
- WALRITE, LLC
- MICHEL CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION, INC.
Along with these major awards given at the 2016 CFA Awards Gala, Executive Director Baty also recognized 2016 Project of the Year Awards and the 2016 Professional Achievement Awards.
Visit the CFA Safety Awards online for more information on participating.