CFA Certification Programs Manager
email@example.com | 319-895-6940
Ed Sauter has served the Concrete Foundations Association since 1992, during which time the CFA grew to over 300 members in more than 26 U.S. states and four Canadian provinces.
Prior to joining CFA, Mr. Sauter was CEO of a manufacturer of insulated sandwich wall systems for tilt-up and precast construction and a practicing architect.
Ed’s experience with concrete is as an architect and speaker. He has made numerous presentations on finishes, energy efficiency, and markets for concrete foundations and tilt-up construction. He has authored numerous articles on concrete methods and energy efficient construction.
Ed received a Bachelor of Architecture degree from Iowa State University in 1972 and is a registered and NCARB certified architect. He is a member of the American Concrete Institute; is past chair of ACI Committee’s 332 (Residential Concrete) and 551 (Tilt-Up Construction).
In 2008, Sauter was received into the ACI College of Fellow’s (FACI) and in 2016, Sauter was an inaugural nominee to the TCA’s College of Fellows (FTCA).
Sauter’s current industry participation includes:
- American Concrete Institute
- 130-0G Education/Certification
- 130-00 Sustainability of Concrete
- 332-00 Residential
- 332-0E Residential Concrete-Above Grade Walls – Current Chair
- 332-0D Residential Concrete-Footings & Foundation Walls
- 551-00 Tilt-up
- 601C-0E Concrete Construction Sustainability Assessor – Current Chair
- 650C-00 TiltUp Constructor Cert – Current Secretary
- 655C-00 Foundation Constructor Certification – Current Chair
- JSI-00 JSI General Membership
- JSI-08 Esthetics